Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Invisible

I've been struggling with invisibility since the end of October.

I was pregnant, but not showing yet.

Invisible.

I had a miscarriage with nothing to show for it.

Invisible.

I am a mother with no child to hold.

Invisible.

I have a huge hole in my heart that no one can see.

Invisible.

I carry my pain like an over sized purse.

Invisible.

Tomorrow is my due date but I will not go into labor.

Invisible.

However, in my invisibility, I know I am not alone.

There are hundreds of thousands of women who have walked this road before me.

I will not drown in my invisibility.

I will prosper and be healthy.

I anticipate tomorrow will be hard.

Jay & I will celebrate and mourn.

Together, we are not invisible.

And either is our baby.

“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.” Ecclesiastes 11:5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could barely get through your poem, so tender and glorious. You are so brave!