Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Don't Push Me Cuz I'm Close To The Edge, I'm Trying Not To Lose My Head"

I hate complaining on my blog.

Because in one breath I complain about meaningless day-to-day crap.

The next breath, my heart is breaking over the poverty and injustices in Africa.

It doesn't seem right.

However, I just NEED to vent really quick.

First of all ... I feel terrible.

THERE.

I said it.

I can't stand this cold/allergies/sinus infection a DAY longer.

A month is enough.

I feel like I'm swallowing razor blades.

So this morning on my way to work (after a SUPER fun Memorial Day Weekend), I looked down for a split-second to look at my cell phone and call my doctor for an appointment) and this is what happened:

I HIT A CURB.

AND BLEW MY TIRE

Like "THERE-IS-A-HUGE-GAPING-HOLE-ON-THE-SIDEWALL" blew a tire.

Thankfully, Jay was driving behind me ...




Thank you Jay for changing my flat tire.

You are such a stud.

You didn't get a SPECK of dirt on your clean white shirt.

And didn't complain (out loud) ONCE!

I love you.

P.S. I ended up having to call in sick for the 1/2 half of my day. Not because I got into my doctor ... but because I "got the privilege" of dropping $700 that I DON'T have to buy 4 new tires.

Don't get me started.

My doctor's appointment is tomorrow at 5:15.

I talked to my mom on the phone today and was humored by this conversation:
Mom: What will you do if the doctor says you have the Swine Flu?
Me: Seriously?!?
Mom: Yah
Me: That just might be my last straw. I'm pretty sure I'd just sit and cry.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Oh Lisa I'm so sorry you are sick!

Jay is a stud and aren't we lucky when they help us out like that. :)

I'm thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you totally earned the right to complain today. Hopefully the sunny weekend will set everything right again!!