Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fruits & Vegetables

It's been a really difficult year for gardening in Seattle this spring.

We've had nothing but rain and/or gray days with no sun.

Sunny days are far and few between.

My garden has suffered.

We STILL have no tomatoes ... but some hardy fruits and vegetables are starting to ripen!

Look at this adorable baby pumpkin plant! There are eight others around the garden ...

The strawberries are delicious ...

I just ate the first sugar snap pea that was ripe today. It was so sweet & perfect ...

Cooper guarding our crop ....

Always the steadfast guard dog ...
Happy gardening.

Thus concludes the nerdiest post I've ever written.

But the pictures were cool right?

Still playing around with our new camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before but I'll say it again: your pictures ROCK! I love the new blog header especially. :)

The Evolving Mama said...

My favorite picture is of the strawberries. I think this is a cute post! I need to come over there and steal a strawberry.

This Mama said...

Yay for gardens! This is my first year planting a garden and I LOVE it. I finally have tomatoes but I made the mistake of buying 2 small varieties so right now I get 1 tiny, ripe tomato about every 5 days so it's not like we can really enjoy them yet. Next year I will plant way more!
My pumpkin plant is HUGE already. I only planted one but it is growing like crazy. I already have 4 pumpkins on it but sadly I don't think they will live to be beautiful, big orange beauties because the water drainage is poor so they're staying too moist.
Ahhh...I know you wanted to know ALL about my garden didn't you?!

:)