Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Day In Pictures

Apparently I inherited my mom's pain tolerance.

I've been suffering from sinus pressure, a stuffy nose, lack of energy, and sneezing for over 2 weeks.

It gets worse, it gets better, it goes away. It gets worse, it gets better, it goes away.

You get the picture.

Yesterday I woke up in actual pain. I tried to use my neti pot before work and not ONE drop of water went through my sinuses.

Coincidentally, yesterday was also the day I finally called my doctor.

Here are some comments she made about my health:
  • "Your ears are NOT happy"
  • "UGH" face while looking in my throat
  • "Oh wow" while looking up my nose
  • "Aren't you in pain?"
Hmmm ... I asked, "Am I sick?"

She said, "Um yah, you're sick. You need to stay home for the rest of the week. You are VERY contagious right now."

Oops.

So anyway, I stayed home today and I'm really glad I did. I fell asleep last night without brushing/flossing or washing my face. And I've been out of it all day. Super dizzy. Super stuffy. Super tummy-achey.

And since I don't have anything fun to blog about, I took pictures of the sick ward for you.

My room.

My night stand. COVERED with germ-filled Kleenexes and a Subway cup full of water. You can't even see my alarm clock because it's covered with Kleenexes and the current Twilight book ...

My bed. I was surrounded with everything important today: my computer, the remote control, Kleenexes, water, Twilight ...
I'll be home again tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll have another super profound post to write like this one.

4 comments:

Eve said...

I'm glad you went to the doctor and I hope you feel better SOON!

xoxoxo

Kelly M said...

please tell me that's not elephants above your bed!

Lisa said...

kelly ... i'm sorry to say (for you) that yes, they are elephants. elephants are my favorite animal. my parents gave me that painting for my birthday one year.

which is also why i believe there is a REASON i had to come back from SA early because not sure how fond i'd be of elephants if i was with you guys.

xoxo

Jonathan said...

Lisa! Get well soon!