Monday, April 12, 2010

Kleptomania

I may (or may not) having a stealing problem.

Call it what you will.

I like to call it "borrowing long term."

Catchy term, don't ya think?

My 'problem' is only centered around sunglasses and I certainly like to keep it in the family.

Exhibit A:

A nice pair of Ray-Bans from my brother

And ... Exhibit B:

A classy drugstore find from my husband

Allow me to indulge you in some klepto advice
  • Keeping it in the family will increase your chances of keeping your friends around. They'll still trust you - and you KNOW family isn't going anywhere
  • If you blame it on the original owner, it absolves you of all guilt. Case #1: my brother accidentally left his sunglasses at my house. Result ... long-term borrowing. Case #2: Jay went out of town this weekend and left these beauties on the kitchen table. Result ... long-term borrowing.
  • Vary your hiding spots for long-term borrowed items. It keeps the owner guessing and elongates your borrowing time. Time is your friend.

1 comment:

marisabutterworth said...

This is SHARING not stealing! This post made me laugh out loud. I TOTALLY do the same thing! You funny.