Saturday, November 27, 2010

Diederichs Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family this year.

We made a weekend out of it and stayed up in Port Ludlow with my parents for the weekend.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from Thanksgiving Day.

Dad carving the ham ...
{We also had a turkey - but being a former vegetarian,
it felt gross to post pictures of it.
Don't ask me why I don't feel the same way about the ham.
I have no idea and can not explain my thinking on this.}


How pretty are these?

Our hostess' mother made homemade banana-nut bread
and wrapped them beautifully for everyone to take home.

I love thoughtful, creative touches like this.


The table was so pretty.


My Grandpa Diederichs.

Love him.

Trying to soak in everything about my grandparents that are still alive.

It was so heartbreaking losing my other Grandpa last year.

And I wish I would have just sat and listened to what he had to say more often before he passed.

I listen more, talk less now.


Nothing says Diederichs Family Get-together like chardonnay chillin' in the snow.

This is hands-down my favorite picture of the day ...


Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh Lisa, I just love your outlook on everything...you truly are very special. It was so nice to get an opportunity to spend time with you and Jay.

What a wonderful marriage and life you have!

I look forward to many more moments spent with you and your family.

Love, Vicki