Monday, February 8, 2010

Date Night

We had my mom over for dinner tonight. Dad is out of town and heaven forbid mom spends an evening by herself.

After dinner, we took a trip to Lowe's. I had the random urge to finally buy light bulbs for a lamp that has seriously had no working light bulbs in it for literally over 8 months.

I also thought it would be fun to paint some walls next week over Mid-Winter Break. Jay has been talking about it for months, and I thought I'd humor his creative ideas and check out the paint section.

My attention span lasted about 10 seconds ... about as long as it took me to feel overwhelmed with color choices and take this picture of color swatches.

After our adventurous trip to Lowe's we stopped at a creamery and had delicious ice cream cones. I my espresso gelato in a waffle cone. Delish.

Afterwards, we went home and I screwed in the light bulbs.

I know. Crazy fun night right?!?

In all honesty, it felt really great to do normal things and take my mind off of heavy stuff for a while.

It was a fun Date Night with Mom and Jay.

P.S. We will NOT be painting over break. :)

No comments: