Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spencer Island

Today was a beautiful day in Seattle.

Since my mom is out of town, Jay, my dad and I took a little field trip to Spencer Island.

None of us have been there before.

Apparently Spencer Island is a bird-watcher's paradise.

My dad is a bird watcher.

So we joined him on his trip today.

Spencer Island is essentially an island with a ton of water in the middle of it.

Hence, the bird watching.

We also learned that it's not so conveniently located next to a sewer treatment plant.

Don't get me started.

We found this really cool run-down shack.

My imagination went wild.

I love this kind of stuff.

Day-dreaming about what it used to be.


A part of an old fence near the shack ...


Take note of the gorgeous mountain range in the background.


Dad and I walking next to all the cat tails ...


Dad and I posing for pictures (If my grandpa were still alive, he'd correct my grammar and say, "Lisa, it should be 'myself and my dad'". I know grandpa - I know) ...






Happy Sunny Day!

1 comment:

Mary Diederichs said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. It looks like fun. Sorry I missed it.
xoxooxxoxoxo
Mommy/Mary