Thursday, September 2, 2010

Excitement & Tid-Bits

School started yesterday.

I don't mean to brag ...

but oh wait ...

here I go ...

MY CLASSROOM ROCKS!

My kids are so great!

I've been teaching in public schools for 10 years (gasp!) and this is the best start of the school year I've ever had.

And that's saying a lot.

Because I've had a lot of fantastic classes.

I am so pumped about this year.

In related (and some unrelated) news:
  • I was exhausted after the 1st day of school. I sat down for the 2nd time all day (the 1st time was when I had 5 minutes to shove my entire lunch down my throat) after the kids left and thought of the real possibility of my heals being bruised. Is that possible?
  • I went to the store for a bottle of chardonnay last night to have with dinner. And left with 6 bottles instead. Because you know, of the 10% discount :) and well ... it's the beginning of the school year!
  • I have cried every day for 4 days straight. My hormones are still all out of whack from my miscarriage and D&C.
  • I am purposely blogging about other things because I'm not quite able (emotionally) to write about our last miscarriage yet.
  • I had the best hair day I've ever had yesterday. Conveniently, it coincided with the 1st day of school.
  • I received a sweet note from a mom in my class wishing me a great 1st day & how excited she is that her son is in my class {she also included a gift card to Starbucks!}. It was the nicest thing a parent has ever done for me on my 1st day of school.
  • Never underestimate the value & thoughtfulness of a hand-written note.
  • I am quickly reminded of how scheduled your bathroom breaks need to be during the school year.
  • My new hobby is holding my bladder until recess.

No comments: