Friday, September 24, 2010

Tending to the Flower

Oh, my dear Princess Flower.

Let's talk about this.

The first time we miscarried, I was super worried about what kind of plant to buy.

Everything was symbolic of the baby.

I was so afraid to "lose" it.

Would the plant die?

Would someone knock it over?

Where is the perfect spot for it?

Etc., etc., etc.

This time I was less about obsessing, and more about going with whatever plant "felt" right.

When we saw the Princess Flower, we knew it was the right one.

But let's be honest.

That's before we took it home and started taking care of it.

GOOD LORD!

This plant is HIGH MAINTENANCE.

We've only had it in our possession for 6 days and I'm already over it annoyed.

If you don't water it just the right amount, the leaves get droopy and the flowers look pathetic.

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C. I tell ya.

This thing is ridiculous.

Also, it sheds like no-one's-business.

I am constantly picking up fallen petals and dried leaves off the floor.

I'm starting to think this plant is less symbolic of a baby ...

... and more JUST LIKE a baby.

Constant cleaning.

Constant feeding watering.

Constant picking up after.

Ugh.

I'm exhausted.

I'm thinking it needs to be put in a time out or go down for a nap until it behaves better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it's preparing you???? :) Love you friend!!!! Hugs. XO

Anonymous said...

Victoria has my thoughts exactly! So Ditto! Love you guys. So much! You sound very balanced about the whole thing Lisa :)