Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Adopting out of Africa

I saw Madonna on the Today Show last week.

She spoke about adopting her son David from Malawi, the ever-increasing need for adopting children ... along with the heartbreak and excruciating process of adopting a child (she specially addressed adoption out of Africa).

She said two things that have stuck with me:

When asked about why she's adopting from Africa.
"If I was challenging people to open their minds and hearts, then I had to be willing to stand at the front of the line."

When asked, "What is it that you want to feel about your life?"
She responded, "That my soul reached it's true potential. And that I did everything I was put on this earth to do."

I wrote down her quotes and I'm still thinking about them ... because it's easy for all of us to apply what she said to our own lives in whatever situations we're experiencing.

No comments: