But tonight, I couldn't help it. I worked in my classroom after school and didn't want to make dinner. I knew I had stuff to make a salad, so I thought I'd quickly stop and get some salad shrimp.
As I unloaded my hand-basket onto the checkout belt, I couldn't help but notice the randomness of my purchases:
- A pack of Light String Cheese
- A bottle of white wine
- 1/2 lb of salad shrimp (only item I was really shopping for)
- Pack of gum (yep, impulse item at check-out stand)
- A bag of pretzels (I craved them last night, and to be prepared in case the craving came back)
- Two 1/2 gallons of Organic Milk (this is a random purchase for me. I hardly drink milk. I'm still mulling over this particular purchase)
Items I looked at but didn't actually buy:
- Chicken breasts (why am I looking at these? I'm eating a shrimp salad tonight!)
- Cottage Cheese
- Corn on the Cob
- Turkey for sandwiches
I suppose it could be worse. But still.