I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions ... but I think I'll give it a try this year.
I've been thinking about it for a few days now.
And while I was unpacking from Africa today (yes, I know I've been home for 18 days!) ... my two New Year's Resolutions came to me.
1. I am going to be (even more) environmentally-minded this year.
I already do many things
- turn off the water while I brush my teeth
- recycle, recycle, recycle
- use cloth instead of paper napkins
- use leftover water in glasses to water my indoor plants
- collect recyclable items that the school does not recycle, and take them home to recycle
- use environmentally-friendly soap
- eat as organically as possible
Little things like that.
I'm going to make a conscientious effort to think of little things that I can do.
2. DO SOMETHING about my passion for clean drinking water.
Everywhere I look I see water.
Puddles, lakes, ocean, shower, bath, teeth brushing, water glasses, water bottles, boiling water, dishwasher, washing machine, drinking fountain.
And every time, I think about the millions of people who do not have clean drinking water.
It disgusts me.
I think about clean/dirty water at least 10 times a day.
I can't get it out of my head.
So ... this year, I want to listen to my inner tugging. The voice inside of me that desperately wants to make a difference.
I'll keep you posted on this one!