Friday, June 6, 2008

Garage Sale cRaZiNeSs

I'm having a garage sale tomorrow.

I've never had one before. In fact, the first one I went to was a few weeks ago. I went to Melaine's garage sale, just to see what it's like. I just about flipped my lid when I overheard this conversation:
Customer: How much are these shoes?
Melaine: Well, I paid $100 for them at Nordstrom, so I'll sell them to you for $5.
My head was spinning. Did I just hear that correctly? A $100 pair of shoes for $5? You're killin' me! Having a garage sale is like selling your stuff for practically nothing! This can't be so.

Regardless of my feelings about garage sales, I'm having one tomorrow. I'm raising money for my mission trip to Africa (iThemba Lethu).

However ... no one told me about how you go a bit insane right before a garage sale.

I feel like I'm going cRaZy!

I am so thankful to everyone who has donated items for my garage sale. Thank you so much! I am humbled and grateful for everyone's generosity.

With that said, if I don't go insane from picking stuff up, loading, then unloading my car, pricing items, going through boxes, setting stuff up, working in my garage every night until 1:00 am ... then I will be pleased.

I had no idea what to expect. This is hard work man!

I keep thinking about this quote and smiling:

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway.
~Mark Burnett


I just keep reminding myself that all this hard work is for a really great cause, that it will all be worth it in the end, and to make the journey fun!

Here's to a really fun, rain-free (please!) garage sale tomorrow!

3 comments:

Melaine Taylor said...

Too funny! But here's the thing about that comment (I'm totally being defensive of my price!). I know I paid $100 dollars for them, but I had also worn them (although not very often) for about a year and then got sick of them. Would you pay more than $5 or $10 dollars at a garage sale for someone else's shoes? That they had worn...with their sweaty, stinky feet? Not so much, right?!

Sarah Markley said...

i love garage sales. if i was near yours, i would come for sure. but i really don't need any more stuff. I should be the one having a sale. good luck! =)

Linda Vujnov said...

Thanks for ther GREAT commnent...friend! I love you too, really! You a funny one.

Sarah is my friend. She saw your link on my blog!