Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mariner's Mania


Melaine won tickets to last night's M's game through her work. She always gets the most amazing seats.

At the last minute she realized she was too overwhelmed (with end-of-the-year) stuff and decided it would be best for her to stay home.

So Jay went in her place (you can only imagine how excited he was). Seriously.

First of all, our seats were in the 1st row behind the Mariner's dugout. I'm talking rest-you-feet-on-top-of-the-dugout close.

Secondly, you haven't met an over-the-top baseball fan until you've met Jay.

Thirdly, Jay didn't even talk the first 20 minutes we were there. Actually, that's a bit of a stretch. The only things out of his mouth for the first 20 minutes were:
  • "This is amazing."
  • "I can't believe we are this close."
  • "Thank you so much for inviting me."
  • "I love watching them practice." (side-note: once Jay found out where our seats were, he adamantly requested we get there [very] early to watch them practice).
I'm not sure which was more fun: having such great seats, or bringing so much joy to Jay.

I'm glad you were my date babe.
Note how cold I look
(beanie and hooded sweatshirt on)

Thank you Melaine!

2 comments:

Eve said...

Cute couple!

Jodie Howerton said...

You guys are so cute. Seriously. Love this pic!
I'm glad you had fun....