Friday, June 13, 2008

tEeNaGeRs At WiLd

Yesterday, I had lunch duty in our cafeteria.

As I meandered by the kindergarten table, I overheard some kids talking about Britney Spears.

I knew this was going to be good.

Student #1: Ms Diederichs! Ms Diederichs! Did you know that Britney Spears just shaved all her hair off and she's bald?
Me: Oh my goodness. That sounds crazy! I can't believe that happened!
Student #1: Well, it did. It's true. It really happened.
Me: I actually think that was a while ago.
Student #1: No, it just happened. And her kids were stolen too!
Me: Oh my goodness. Who took them?
Student #1: A teenager. A teenager took her kids from her.
Me: Oh wow! This is crazy. Where did you hear all this from?
Student #1: From (student #2)!
Me (addressing student #2): Where did you hear this from?
Student #2: On the news. They said Britney shaved her head and a teenager kidnapped her kids.
Student #3 (interjecting): Yah, they said to lock all your doors at night because kidnappers are running around!
Me: Hmmm ... who is Britney Spears anyway?
Student #4: Oh, a famous person

Awesome!

I love the minds of 5-year olds.

No comments: