Monday, June 2, 2008

sCaRdEy-CaT cLuB!


On Saturday, I bragged to Mike and Jodie about how much I love scary movies. I was quite confident that nothing could scare me.

Until I saw The Strangers.

I used to LOVE scary movies!

Until I saw The Strangers.

Jay and I went with Danny and Erica on Saturday night. I thought I'd be fine. I've seen a gazillion scary movies and loved them all.

Until I saw The Strangers.

After going to the bathroom one last time (just to check ... ladies, you know what I mean), getting a pack of Sour Patch Kids and settling into our seats ... we were ready for the scariness to begin.

We all experienced the "I'm giggly (and giddy!) because I'm about to be scared" phase and joked about who would scream the most. The lights in the theater went down and I got that rush of adrenaline that I just love.

As soon as the movie started, things went downhill fast. In fact the first sign of bad things to come was when I read "based on actual events." Crap! I didn't know that before. I wish I had known that ... I could have prepared myself. But I'm OK still. I can do this!

If you don't know what the movie is about (and consider yourself blessed!) it is really scary and really real. Hello ... based on actual events!

I started sweating in the movie, then got really cold, but still continued to sweat. I thought, "Am I going to have a panic attack or something?" I couldn't handle it. This was too real. I kept looking around the movie theater. Other people looked scared. But not as scared as me. I kept reminding myself, "LISA, you are an adult! Knock it off!" But I couldn't. I couldn't knock it off.

In fact, I so couldn't knock it off that I turned to Erica and said, "I'll be right back, I gotta get out of here."

This movie was seriously freakin' me out. I've never been this scared in a movie before. Ever!

As I walked down the hallway towards the bathrooms, I seriously thought I was going to faint. I also seriously thought I was being ridiculous. But I couldn't help it.

I unsteadily walked into the bathroom ... and threw up.

By the time I came out of the bathroom, Jay was waiting for me in the hallway. I felt so bad, but I said, "I am so sorry, I just can't go back in there." The great guy that he is said, "No problem babe, we'll just go home. Don't worry about it!"

We went over to my neighbor's house to watch Chicken Little. It was the perfect movie to recuperate from the tragedy of the night.

I never thought I'd be in the Scardey-Cat Club.

Until I saw The Strangers.

2 comments:

neely said...

i am with you on being scardey cat club...even some t.v. shows freak me out and i have to change the channel!

Eve said...

I HATE scary movies and haven't watched one since high school. They give me nightmares!