Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Driving and Food Choices

I'm a student this week. 

I'm taking a class at Seattle Pacific University (SPU) and I've been commuting every day.

Here are three things that are driving me nuts ... therefore I am grateful I don't usually deal with them in my regular life:
  • When someone pulls out in front of you and you have to slam on your breaks in order to avoid their back bumper ... and they honk their horn at you, throw their hands up in the air (this annoyed expression always makes me giggle), and slam their breaks on. HUH?
  • Slow drivers in the left-hand lane. Enough said.
  • Drivers who go under the speed limit. How can you not tell everyone is whizzing past you?
As a side-note ... we are eating lunch on campus. I was actually pretty excited the first day. It's been a long time since I've been in college and I figured there were probably some huge cafeteria improvements in the last ten years.

I now remember why I gained the Freshman 15. 

Here have been my lunch item choices the last two days:
  • Cheeseburgers w/fries
  • Grilled cheese w/fries
  • Sandwiches w/chips
  • Pasta
  • Mac-n-Cheese
  • Pizza galore
  • Beef stir-fry
  • Salad Bar
  • Pop
  • Cupcakes
  • Pudding
  • Cookies
Needless to say ... I've been eating a huge salad every day. But also eating cookies. I had two chocolate chips cookies yesterday (come on ... they were small). And I was only going to have one cookie today, but then noticed that they had snickerdoodles too ... so I had to have one of each. Duh.

Happy eating my sweet college students!

Thank goodness I'm done on Thursday.

No comments: