Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24, 2004






Today is what I call my Not-Anniversary.

It would be too weird if I didn't mention it. 

Like it didn't exist or something.

Today, I am able to look back on my wedding day as a really special day that I was able to spend with my loved ones.

I kept a few wedding pictures in frames around my house for quite some time after my separation and divorce. One day when my mom was over, she asked, "Lisa, how come you still have pictures from your wedding out?" 

I simply said, "Cuz I looked really good that day."

When in doubt ... approach hard times with humor!

As each year goes by, there is less pain on July 24th. Today, there is less sadness than previous years. 

I'm more reflective than sad now.

I just didn't want the day to go by without an acknowledgement of the meaning of today for me.

3 comments:

Jodie Howerton said...

You are a hottie! You can't help it, you just exude hotness. The Howertons love you a ton!

marisabutterworth said...

You do look gorgeous! I'm hoping to see you around soon. Love reading your blog!!

Linda Vujnov said...

I loved the pics. I'm glad that you are able to share.