Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good Eats, Great Company


Today was my favorite lunch-day at the SPU cafeteria. 

The food options today were actually pretty good for you (besides the fried anything, burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc). They also served Stir-Fried Vegetables and a really pretty spinach salad.

I had a salad (again), 1/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich off someone else's plate (she said it was okay and I come from a big family where everyone eats off each other's plate. Bottom line: I felt okay about it), Stir-Fried vegetables with noodles and my usual Diet Coke. 

Yum.

We giggled, told jokes, listen to each other's stories, talked about our own lives, and lovingly teased each other (still love the pizza crust dipped in left-over stir-fry sauce maneuver!). We were strangers on Monday, and bonded women on Wednesday.

I was sitting with six other ladies and none of us could decide what we wanted for dessert. So, three of us got up and made the journey over to the dessert display. We all grabbed as much as we could and brought it back to the table. We were like sugar-loving, dessert-needing, calorie junkies.

We placed the plates of dessert in the middle of the table and ate family-style. 

Seven women surrounded
  • 4 chocolate w/caramel cookies
  • 3 sugar cookies
  • 2 pieces of chocolate cake
  • 3 lemon wedges
  • 1 vanilla cupcake filled with strawberry gooeyness
We were in heaven and giggled the entire time.

One of the girls left for a bit and I didn't think anything of it. When she returned, I almost died laughing. She had gone to retrieve a big 'ol glass of milk.

Love that girl.

Thanks for the fun lunch ladies. 

I needed that.

P.S. My jeans are really tight. I wonder why?!?

2 comments:

Eve said...

Sounds yummy - I want to have lunch/dessert with you at SPU!

Kris said...

Yay! I was on my way to bed and I thought...oh, shoot...I didn't go read Lisa's blog about our lunchtime adventures...so here I am! Pizza crust in leftover slop = pure deliciousness, you know!
See you in the morning :)