Friday, September 5, 2008

Creepy Boo-Boo Bears

I get creeped out by teddy bears, like some people get creeped out by clowns.

I don't like them. At all.

Like, I really, rEaLlY, REALLY don't like them.

So you can only imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I walked into the staff bathroom on January 1, 2008 and someone had hung up a calendar with a teddy bear picture on it.

I immediately thought, "Gross, a teddy bear picture ... thank goodness the month is only 31 days long!"

And then I also thought, "No big deal, I just won't look at the calander when I'm in the bathroom. It's on the right wall ... and I'll just look to the left the entire time I'm in the bathroom." [Insert me laughing at my ridiculousness]

Thirty-one days later, when February 1st rolled around, I noticed that the picture for February was also filled with teddy bears. And not just teddy bears ... but teddy bears posed AND dressed as people.

Doing people things.

So incredibly odd and creepy.

I've included some eerily creepy examples:

Bears playing poker. Wearing people clothes and people visors.

Bears playing the people sport of golf. Wearing people shirts (no pants - love that) and people hats.

This is my personal creepiest one ... this one put me over the edge.
A bear riding a horse, with a lasso in mid-flight.
This is just too much.
Oh, and a creepy little bear hanging out by the hay-bale.

December was a special month.
Bears celebrating people Christmas, laying on a couch, dressed as Mr. & Mrs. Claus ... eagerly waiting to open their people presents.

So ... the word got out around work that I hated the bear calendar (mainly because I walked around saying "Who put the creepy bear calendar in the staff bathroom?"). It became somewhat of a staff joke.

Low-and-behold, when I went to use the bathroom yesterday ...

THE BEARS HAD WRITTEN ME A NOTE!
[Note: I wasn't sticking to my 'don't look to your left' policy.]

This is the picture for September:
The note reads:
We LOVE you, Miss Diederichs!
We are wearing our special matching outfits just for you!
Love,
The Darling Boo-Boo Bears

I work with some real jokesters I tell ya!

1 comment:

Eve said...

That's funny the bears wrote you a note. Only you Lisa!