I haven't been eating right or exercising nearly as much as I should (read: eating whatever the hell I want [whenever I want], and exercising hardly at all).
When I got back from Cancun two weeks ago, I decided I was done being in denial.
Last week when I got my yearly, I also had my doctor draw my blood to check my cholesterol.
Here are my results:
- Glucose: 83 (normal is 60-100) I have no feels about this one
- Total Cholesterol: 250 (normal is 200 or lower) this isn't good people
- HDL (good) Cholesterol: 80 (normal is 44 and above) yippee for me!
- LDL (bad) cholesterol: 141 (normal is 130 or lower) again, need to work on this
- Triglyceride (fat in your blood): 143 (normal is 150 and lower) good job me!
I should say, the reason I did this is because it's not in my nature to be live in denial. I've realized that not taking care of myself is a result of some emotional scarring from my marriage/divorce.
I say it's time to move on.
Time to get back to loving myself and taking care of myself. The way I should. The way I used to. The way I deserve.
So, now that I am armed with the facts ... it's time to make a change. My mom is helping me set up a healthy meal-plan and I know I need to start exercising.
Anyone have any good tips on reducing cholesterol?