Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Poop Talk

Update Below ...

Warning: this email talks about bowel movements; particularly: mine.

I don't make it a habit to talk about bowel movements with people ... but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I have had diarrhea for 8 days now. 

Eight days people!

I am miserable.

Whatever I eat goes right through me. I'm at the point where I'm afraid to eat.

No medicine has worked.

I lose about 2 pounds a day (which I wouldn't normally complain about, but feeling like this is no fun!).

At this point, I'm thinking I may have brought something back from Mexico with me.

I have a very high tolerance for pain (I get this from my mom) ... so if I'm complaining, I've probably had said ailment for quite some time.

For example, I complained of a stomach ache once and ended up having E. coli poisoning.

I do get stomach aches quite often, but if I'm telling you about it, I've had it for a long time and it's to the point that I can't handle the pain anymore.

So ... I'm complaining.

I have a doctor's appointment at 2:15 today and I'm really eager to hear what they have to say.

* Update: Went to the doctor. Was put on an all-liquid diet for 24 hours. Therefore, all I can think about is solid food. Pizza. Shrimp salad. Pancakes. Sushi. 

I need to return with a fecal specimen sample (sorry about that visual) to see if I have a parasite. Until then, I can introduce bland foods after my 24-hour all-liquid diet.

So all of you out there eating a "real" delicious dinner tonight ... think of me. I'm eating jello jigglers, and drinking chicken broth. Washed down with water & a cup of apple juice. With a dessert of root beer popsicles.

Delish! 

And may I recommend Pacific Foods (Free Range) Organic Chicken Broth for your next all-liquid diet or cooking needs! Yummy!

Thanks to everyone who has commented and/or called to see if I need anything! I am loved.

5 comments:

Melaine Taylor said...

When I came back from Cancun a few years back, I had the same issues for about 3 weeks! I didn't even think about going to the doctor (that was during my college days!) and I eventually went back to normal...but I did lose about 10 pounds in the process. Damn Cancun! I hope you feel better soon, because I've been there and it sucks.

xoxoxo
~Melaine

Jodie Howerton said...

Sounds like a cute little parasite is having a hard time letting you go......

Eve said...

What did the doctor say?

I agree with Jodie - I think something came home with you.

Best advice I have is to drink lots and lots of clear liquids!

Natalie Witcher said...

eeeewww, BUT get yourself to a health food center and purchase a parasite cleanse, and a colon cleanse. You'll be glad you did!

Glad you stopped by my blog!

Eve said...

Update us again. How are you feeling now? I hope much better!