Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cancun - Day #8

I didn't sleep at all last night, so Jay was sweet enough to go down to the lobby and ask for a late check-out. 

I laid in bed till noon (while Jay swam in the water and found two shark teeth - the highlight of his trip, I'm sure of it), and then started the packing process.

We made it down to the lobby at 1:00 for our check-out. We ate lunch, walked around and shopped until our shuttle picked us up at 3:00 pm. We made it to the airport and checked in with ease.

On one of my many trips to the bathroom while waiting for our flight, I found an 'unattended bag' tucked behind the toilet of my stall. Weird.

Going against everything I've been taught since 9/11, I opened up the 'unattended bag' to see if I could find someones ID. No luck, though I didn't dig far because I started thinking about bombs.

I walked the bag to security. They quickly took the bag from me and thanked me for returning it to them. They informed me (in broken English) that it's not a good idea to pick up a bag that isn't mine and asked me if I've ever heard of Arsenic. Um ... yah ... and I don't want to come in contact with it. Point taken.

Our flight from Cancun to LA was the most turbulent flight I've ever taken. I have no fear of flying, but Jay does ... and sometimes his anxiety rubs off on me. When you see someone taking deep breaths, gripping their armrests and fighting back tears ... it's hard not to think 'Is there something I should be worried about?' 

I was actually legitimately scared at one point. Dropping (fast) through the sky is not fun. But we arrived safely and then had a wonderful flight into SeaTac.

Thanks to Melaine for picking us up so late and getting us home safely.

No comments: