Monday, April 14, 2008

Gifts From The Heart


One (of the many) things I LOVE about kids is how generous they are. Students bring back the most ADORABLE gifts from vacation. Today was the first day back to school after Spring Break and I just LOVED the array of gifts I received.

Allow me to share:
1. A DIAMOND encrusted dolphin necklace from Sea World (my personal favorite). See picture for visual reference.
2. A pen with beautiful purple Hibiscus flowers on it, with "Hawaii" etched down the side. Note: this student actually bought several pens, all different colors and let each teacher pick her favorite. SO sweet and thoughtful!
3. A wood key-chain with my name engraved on it from Mexico. My FIRST name. LOVE that!

However ... the winning gift was won (in a contest I made up in my head called "Who Got The Coolest Gift?") by my grade-level teaching parter. She was given a (large-ish) dried starfish on a rope, to be worn around her neck. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? That is SO AWESOME! I'm a bit jealous, I'm not gonna lie.

I am in NO way making fun of these gifts. I LOVE them all. I LOVE that the kids picked them out for me. SO SWEET and thoughtful! The gifts put a smile on my face ALL DAY!

I heart my job.

I LOVE my students.

No comments: