Sunday, April 27, 2008

She Was Loved

While eating my Cheerios this morning, I perused through the obituaries in the Seattle Times. I love to read what people say about their loved ones. Why don't we say these things to each other while we're alive? 

I came across an obituary this morning that was hands-down my favorite one I've ever read. Here it is in it's entirety:

August 24, 1959 - April 23, 2007
Now each year as the tulips bloom we are reminded of that beautiful spring day on which God chose to welcome you back to heaven. You were a true caregiver; as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and registered nurse, your caring smile, soothing voice, wisdom and healing touch are greatly missed. Anne, you were loved, are love and will always be loved by the ones you left behind, each of us knowing you are preparing the way for us.

I don't know HOW or WHY she died, and it doesn't matter, because what I DO know ... is that she was a woman who was loved.

What more can we hope for?

No comments: