Monday, April 21, 2008

Was That A Compliment?


This morning, I was jamming my face full of coconut-covered donut holes (how teacher-cliche is that?) when my principal walked into the Staff Room.

With my mouth TOTALLY full, I said, "Good morning!" What? ... I didn't want to be rude and ignore that fact that he entered the room!

He laughed (awkwardly).

I said, "I know ... I'm super professional."

He said, "Yes Lisa. You are" Laughing. Walking out of the room.

Was that a compliment?

I'm thinking 'no.'


2 comments:

Linda Vujnov said...

Do you have tenure? Than it doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

This is Lisa's principal posting a response to her message.

Actually, Lisa's recollection of this event is probably clouded by her overwhelmed tastebuds!

As I recall it, I was walking through the Staff Lounge and saw a lot of things in Lisa's mouth, her eyes bulging, and her face very red. Then I heard something garbled and muffled from her which I interpreted as "I know, I have such a super-sized mouth", and I replied, "Yes, Lisa, you do!".

So in a way, it was a compliment!!

just kidding. . .despite her eating habits, Lisa is a true professional and a wonderful teacher.