Friday, November 7, 2008

A Light Pole

I saw a light pole fall on a car today.

I was on my way home from work.

While stopped at a red light, I looked across the street ...

And saw a light pole falling.

It landed on the back of a car.

I silently thanked God for his blessing.

No one was hurt.

I sat in awe for about 5 minutes with my mouth open.

How does a concrete light pole fall in the middle of rush-hour traffic through an intersection and no one gets hurt?

I watched people stop.

I watched people help.

I watched people direct traffic.

I watched people call for help.

Like the people I'm going to Africa with. Like the people helping in the accident tonight ...

... something is bringing us together.

It's going to be life-changing.

We will never forget it.

Our light pole will fall in a different way.

Our lives are about to change.

We are about to make a difference.

3 comments:

Suzi said...

Great post. Can't put into words what I want to say, so I'll stick with "Great post".

Nicole said...

OH MY GOSH! can you imagine how the person felt when they felt a bang and realized a light pole was in their back seat?

THANK GOD the car was in that exact position and didnt stop sooner or later so it fell on the front of a car. oh my. that is crazy. so glad no one was hurt.

I do believe that people are generally good. We just always hear about the bad people. thanks for the story! we all can make a diffrence.

Eve said...

I'm so glad no one was hurt and yes those are the moments that make us look at life a little differently.