Thursday, November 13, 2008

Two Dollar Shoes

Circle Time conversation:

Joyce: I like your shoes. I haven't seen those before.
Me: Thank you Joyce. They aren't new, I just don't wear them very often. Guess how much I got them for? (I love asking this question because some of them don't have a good concept of the value of a dollar yet)
Joyce: Twenty dollars?
Me: No, three dollars at my neighbors garage sale.
Caleb: Wow! That's a lot!
Me: It is?
Caleb: Oh, I mean that's cheap!
Me: Thanks! I thought so too.
Riley: My dad thinks three dollars is a lot for shoes.
Me: He does? How much do his shoes cost?
Riley: One dollar.
Me: Wow, that's impressive!
Riley: No. Wait. Two dollars.
Me: Oh. Cool. What kind of shoes does he get for two dollars?
Riley: The yellow kind. They are yellow and white on top and black on the bottom.
Me: They sound neat.

No comments: